From time to time, the wine press and others take notice of our operation here. Read what they have to say:
- Paul Bernier is a DIRT FARMER
North Bay Bohemian, December 7, 2016
- Nalle Tasting Room Named Top 50 in Napa and Sonoma by SF Chronicle!
San Francisco Chronicle, September 15, 2016
- Podcast #167-Doug Nalle of Nalle Winery
Life Between the Vines, November 15th, 2015
- Dry Creek Valley—Top 10 Wines You Can Buy Now
December 31, 2014
- Dan Berger's Vintage Experiences
Volume XVIII, Issue 39, November 13, 2014
- View From the Cellar - John Gilman
- Nalle mentioned in The New York Times (again)!
July 8, 2014
- How to Dry Farm Wine Grapes
June 5, 2014
- Chemist Alexander Shulgin, popularizer of MDMA, says his favorite mind- altering drug is " a nice, moderately expensive Zinfandel."
June 3, 2014
- Expect the Unexpected
Excerpt from UK based Imbibe magazine, May-June 2014
- The New California is an Old Story
Mike Steinberger via wine-searcher.com, April 23, 2014
- Nalle Zinfandel makes you smart
jamesonfink.com, October 31, 2013
- Doug Talks Wine
New Zealand Herald, January 31, 2013
- Sense of Restraint About Zinfandels
New York Times, December 21, 2012
- A Life in Wine: Andrew Nalle: Philosophy, Wine, and Cooking
Hawk Waka Waka Wine Reviews, December 10, 2012
- A Wise Stop for Zin Lovers in the Know
Inside Sonoma, March, 2012
- Nalle Winery in the Bohemian
North Bay Bohemian, February 15, 2012
- Top Zinfandel Producers
Snooth's Global Tasting Initiative, January, 2012
- An American Hero
Dan Berger's Vintage Experiences, December 2011
- Vintage Experiences Tasting Notes
- 2009 Pinot Noir is Wine of the Year Finalist
by thewinecountry.com, December 2011
- "It's A Zin To Tell A Lie"
www.wineandjazz.com, November 17, 2011
- Early Harvest, Good Taste
Healdsburg Patch, October 11, 2011
- Zinfandel emphasizing spice, not jammy fruit -- LA Magazine's Places to Visit
- Dateline: September 21, 2009, the last day of summer.
Zin Tasting, September 21, 2009
- What To Drink on Thanksgiving
Slate, November 21, 2008
Dan Berger's Vintage Experiences, September 18, 2008
- Reds on Ice? It's Not Heresy
NY Times, July 2, 2008
- Zins sweet spot: Sonoma's Dry Creek Valley may be the key to Zinfandel's future
sfgate.com, January 18, 2008
- 'Zinfandel memories'
Seattle Times, October 17, 2007
- Zins: Sins, and a Few Wins
winereviewonline.com, October 16, 2007
- Keeping it in the Family: Andrew Nalle Philosophizes About Life as a Family Winemaker
Intowine.com, July 2007
Dan Berger's Vintage Experiences, August 31, 2006
- Bigger is not better when it comes to Zinfandels
Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, July 18, 2007
- A Wine So Big It's Hard to Hug
NY Times, July 4, 2007
- Itinerary of tastings
San Antonio Express News, June 6, 2007
- Grape in Chains
The American, February 12, 2007
- Wine Recommendation
Appellation American, February 2007
- "Dry Creek: The Mother Lode of Zinfandel"
Appellation America, August 11, 2006
Gourmet, June, 2006
- "A Winemaker's Dozen"
Wall Street Journal, September 16, 2005
- Zinfandel--does size matter?
Arturo Ciompi, September 15, 2005
- Claret from Zin
Dan Berger's Vintage Experiences, June, 2005
- Bo knows Nalle
North Bay Bohemian, December 4, 2003
- "Doug Nalle marches to a different drummer."
LA Times, May 21, 2003
- Nalle "Leading the Charge" in 2003 supplement to Decanter magazine
Decanter magazine, 2003
- Beverage Dynamics gives Nalle's 1999 Zinfandel five stars
- Solo chosen as "Winery Dog of the Month" in Glazer's newsletter!
March 2003 (PDF format, 311k)
- Doug, Lee & Solo model for Oprah Magazine
Oprah Magazine, August, 2002
- "...Zinfandel has an amazing ability to showcase the subtle qualities of place."
Wine Enthusiast, March, 2002
- "Bravo for this graceful, beautifully balanced wine."
LA Times, August 29, 2001
- "To experience the simpler pleasures of a small family-run winery, search out Nalle Winery."
NY Times, February 24, 2002
- "A Valley of Top Zinfandels"
Wall Street Journal, 2001
- "David & Goliath among Northern California wineries pursue their craft with Vine Distinctions"
San Francisco Chronicle, February 2, 2001
- "The Spirit of America: A wine that has pride and passion lets us exercise our basic right to disagree"
Wall Street Journal, October 2, 2000
Feel Good Testimonials
- Revisiting the 2000 Nalle Zinfandel
Tasting notes on a unique library wine, October, 2012
- Jim & Diane Pearse
May 1, 2012
- Mark and Suzie Fenton
November 2, 2010
- Jim Kerns
October 20, 2010
- Greg Berg
August 15, 2010
- Kim Soibelman
July 18, 2010
- Brad and Dri Brown
December 23, 2009
- Dana Hubbard
October 15, 2009
- John and Jan Bingaman
November 10, 2008
- Chris Lane
November 2, 2008
- Jonathan Hill
September 22, 2008
- Chris Maybach
September 6, 2006