- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 4 tbs chopped shallots
- 1 tbs chopped ginger
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 cup Nalle Pinot Noir
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 tps 5 spice powder (available in the spice section of most markets)
- 1 tbs honey
- 4 tbs soft butter
- Wash berries and place in blender. Puree and set aside.
- In saute pan, heat butter and add shallots and ginger.
- Saute until golden-about 2 min.
- Add pinot and deglaze pan- Cook until reduced by half.
- Add beef stock, honey and 5 spice powder and cook until reduced by half. You should have about 2 cups sauce.
- Add the berry puree and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Whip in the soft butter. Sauce should be shiny.
- Serve w/ pork, chicken, or duck.
- 2# boneless beef shortribs dipped in flour
- 1 carrot peeled and cut into 6 pieces
- 1 onion peeled an cut into 1/8s
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 stalks celery cut into 2″ pieces
- 1/4 cup corn oil
- S and P to taste
- Enough stock, wine or water to cover- about 1-2 qts depending on size of pan
- In a dutch oven or other thick oven proof pan, heat oil on medium heat.
- Add garlic, onion, carrots, celery and brown until caramelized- about 15 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In same pan, add shortribs and brown on all sides for about 10 minutes total. Add back the veggies, cover with broth.
- Bring to boil.
- Cover pan with foil and bake in slow oven 225 degrees for 5 hours. This is important as it is what makes the meat so tender.
- Remove from oven and strain off juices and reserve. Discard veggies.
- Put meat into BBQ sauce and marinate a couple of hours.
- In the meantime, reduce pan liquid until you have 1 cup.
- Barbeque shortribs until hot on inside and a nice glaze on outside-about 5-10 minutes. Place on platter.
- Mix reserve stock with 1/2 cup marinade and heat. Pour over short ribs.
- 1/4 cup Ko chu Jang (a soybean paste w/ red peppers) available in Asian markets
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 T rice wine vinegar
- 2 T soy sauce
- 1 T sesame oil
- 1 T sesame seeds toasted
- 2 green onions – chopped
- 4 tsp sugar
- Mix all Ingredients: well. Will keep in fridge for months.
- 1# grade no. 1 ahi – cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 2 roma tomatoes – peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 3 green onions – chopped
- 1 T cilantro chopped
- 4 Tsp soy sauce
- 1 T sesame oil
- 1 T toasted sesame seeds
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Have all Ingredients: ready. Cut ahi last.
- Toss everything into a bowl and serve immediately in a fried won ton skin.