The following recipe was used by Barbara Hom of Night Owl Catering (firstname.lastname@example.org or 579-7801) at our Passport events. You’ll love them just as much as the attendees did.
For 1 whole pork loin or 1 pork shoulder or butt.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup pinot noir
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup salt
- 5 tbs chopped garlic
- 1 tbs cumin
- 2 sticks cinnamon (or 1 tbs ground cinnamon)
- 3 five star anise kernels
- 3 chipotle peppers
- Mix above Ingredients: in deep pan.
- Place pork in pan and marinade for a least 3-5 days.
- Drain pork and set on rack and roast in 350 oven for 45 min-1 hour for pork loin.
- Roast butt or shoulder in 300 oven for 2 1/2 hours.